Saturday, 3 August 2013

Omega

So, I have a couple of things to say today.

Firstly, if you're reading this - whether you've read it since I posted my first rambling update about University or whether you are idling away the minutes until your train arrives and this happened to come up in your newsfeed - thanks. Thanks for encouraging me to try writing, to do something different, to try and preserve the moments I enjoyed at University. Writing this has been immensely rewarding, so thanks very much for making me feel like I wasn't just talking to a wall.

Secondly, this is going to be the last blog I write for a while, at least on Shed of Ed.


I am well aware that I haven't written regularly here in months (in fact it might be better to say that I have never written regularly here, my posts coming in drips and drabs, triggered by moments of frustration/calm/happiness), but I felt the need to draw the line under it.

This post makes 77 in total, which over four years is frankly pretty poor. In the last six months in particular I've gotten out of the habit of writing: partly because I've gotten into the habit of writing technical reports for my degree, partly because I've had the rest of my degree to deal with, and partly because I've been spending much more time in and around the pub with you, my wonderful readers. I am acutely aware that, since I've now left University, I am going to need to try something new with my writing or it will probably fall completely by the wayside.

So, things I want to do: get serious about writing to a schedule; push myself to try something new when I write; work out exactly how I'm going to do that.

So that, for now, is it. I'm not saying that I'm never going to write on here again, but I'm mothballing it pro tem. In the mean time I hope to continue contributing to the excellent Ablogalypse (which you should all read for excellent reviews of dystopia, zombies and related geekery) providing I can appease the omnipotent editor-gods. In the mean time, I hope to spend some time in my actual shed, working on making it weatherproof and (with a bit of luck) fitting it out as a hideaway.

So; for now, thanks, and adeiu.

No comments:

Post a Comment