Saturday, 21 November 2009

In the Mood.

DOMINOES!!

Crazy occurrences at Christian focus once again this week, as we proceeded to build a weird and wonderful domino chain using the floor cushions, a table, some Jenga and a wire rack of some description. It truly was a thing of beauty, but for some reason the videos we took appear to have been corrupted on my camera's card, so i cannot post them on Facebook as I had planned. At some point in the evening I also agreed to go on their weekend away, which should be good. It does mean that I shall have to actually join, though, as opposed to just scraping into their socials for cheap food and good company. More stuff that happened on Sunday; after Church, George (a great first-year from Engineering who has decided to go to Westwood too, good times), Matt and Emma (from Christian Focus, she was looking at Westwood) decided to go for a walk, so we got some picnic from Costies and did so, all around Tocil Wood and the Lake there. Afterwards George showed me Steam, the PC Gaming program, and let me have a go at Team Fortress 2 and Left For Dead 2. The latter scared the living daylights out of me, largely because of the copious amounts of zombies trying to EXPLODE or TEAR OFF MY FACE. Sunday evening was thus spent sitting in a corner of my room gibbering in fear.

Ahem.

To be honest, there isn't much to write about this week. My immune system has failed once again, meaning I have been staying in most of the time, boring as that sounds. However, on Thursday I went to see Spirited Away with Ben and Aleena at the Warwick Student Cinema, which was essentially Lecture Theatre L3 with some bigger speakers at the front. I was prepared to take the film with a large grain of salt and make a few sarcastic comments but found myself enjoying the film immensely. Yes, there were a few moments which didn't really work, but I think a lot of foreign films are like that. What is subtle in Japanese is occasionally just weird in English, but it was interesting to see the parallels between the Japanese and European fairy tales.
Hey, the film had a kimono-wearing frog in it. Don't judge us.
We all ended up back at Heronbank where, at ten o'clock, Ben and Aleena decided they wanted Roast potatoes. Problem Number One; Ben can't peel potatoes to save his life. Problem Number Two; Aleena can peel potatoes, but only with an 18-inch knife, nearly cutting off her fingers in the process. Problem Three; neither Ben or, more to the point, Aleena own anything that you can cook roast potatoes in. I ended up lending them yet another piece of my kitchen stuff, and went to bed. When I came to collect it the next day, it could not be found. "We washed it up last night" said a puzzled Aleena, jumping so that she could see the top shelves of the cupboards because she's really, really, short. They hadn't washed it up. It was in the oven, full of hot oil and two fairly crispy potatoes.

Anyway, I leave you with the news that I have decided to grow a beard.



And so has Mauranne.



God bless, and much love to you all.
Ed.

1 comment:

  1. This actually made me lol. The beard thing was genious. Like truly funny (if that makes sense).

    Well done Ed, I really look forwards to the next installment.

    Ha beard
    xxx

    ReplyDelete