So after boring you all (i.e. David, I have no illusions about the number of people reading this) with descriptions of how rural it is, I thought I would show you.
This is on the footpath to central campus. I went for a good walk this afternoon with my gorgeous hiking boots :D and passed over the top of this hill; when the sun comes out it really is brilliant up here.
However, the sun doesn't come out much.
New People
So I spent some time hanging out this week with some people from Flat 130 today (we're flat 125, but next door. Go figure.). Well to be honest, Ben was from Jack Martin residence on the other side of campus, but Aleena is. Anyway, hanging out with them has been awesome fun, especially as Aleena has a graphics tablet for use with the opensource photoshop we all seem to be using, so we had a laugh messing around with that... good times, good times. Aleena is also responsible for my rediscovered addiction to Earl Grey tea. Another new guy is Matt, who aided me at Christian Focus the other week in the invention of cushion ball, more of this later, and also goes to Westwood Church (like me). Matt is a maths student, and so far what he tells me just makes me glad I'm not doing maths. On my course I have been slowly getting to know a couple of people, including Simon, who's a mate of William Davis and a nice enough guy. He's also doing the aesthetics module, and we've had a couple of interesting convos, which is good. I've also been talking to Joel, Cole and Jamie, all Engineers. It's good that I'm finally starting to get to know people better, as it's been a bit of a strain without my old mates from home.
The Course
Ah yes. Not much to tell here. We started the Circuits and Systems module today which is currently as dull as I thought it would be. Let's hope it gets more interesting or I may be catching up on sleep faster than I thought I would. The crazy german lecturer I have for maths is getting more and more enthusiastic as the weeks pass, but we're still just covering stuff I did in Further Maths last year. I am looking forward to my seminars this week in my Aethetics module, for which I get to draw (hurray!).
Flatmates
I think I ought to clear a few things up about my flatmates. They are a nice bunch of people, but we're all kind of quiet as people, so we tend to stay in our rooms and not come out too often. However, they are; Mauranne (across the hall from me), Adrian (nice guy, Mathmatician and Physicist), Ilgar (nice guy when we see him), Tom (Northern, but it's not his fault, and possessing an odd obsession with mushrooms), Leonie (a lovely person but DOESN'T LIKE TEA shock horror), Andrew (Brummie, disappears at weekend to see birmingham City play, and regularly expresses disgust at my taste in music) and last but not least, Vivian (International student with a penchant for Manga and Anime and some very noisy friends. Eats nothing but noodles). They are a brilliant bunch of people and I am very glad to have them as my flatmates. I do wish we had the opportunity to do some more stuff together though.
Signs
To understand this, you need to understand we all have slips of paper in holders on our doors which we can write our names on. However, it was only a matter of time before these were sabotaged.
It started with an unknown culprit (who shall remain nameless but his initials are ANDREW) changed my doorsign to 'Jesus' on account of my being Christian. The sign on his door was shortly changed to
and Tom's to 'Doubting Thomas'.
Running out of Apostles, it seems, Tom switched to the literary works of JK Rowling.
I forgot Vivian's name the week I arrived here and as a result her door sign now reads
However, I feel the Piece de Resistance occurred when someone known only as 'the Phantom Sock' placed this on Tom's Door.
Tom has been going through a packet of Oreos a day since they were placed on offer in Costies (Costcutter on central campus). Messing with Tom's head is great fun. The other night I knocked on his door wearing a bowler hat and carrying a teaspoon, shouted "Pip Pip!!" when he opened it and ran off. It didn't fully register until Yesterday at Dinner. Fun Times.
Knowing as I do that none of my flatmates will read this, I feel confident in revealing that I am, in fact, the Phantom Sock. More adventures to follow.
This is not all. Tom and myself have been adding to the pool of potential olympic sports for 2012 with the advent of Kebab Flyer Chariot Racing (KFCR). To play, simply place a kebab flyer pushed under your door by the irritating kebab flyer people under each foot, then pursuade your flatmates to pull you up and down the corridor in the manner of an Imperial Roman Chariot. This works really well if you are as light as Aleena, where it is possible to really pick up some speed on the straight. A close relative of this is the speed skating version, where you use a single Flyer and the other foot to propel yourself along the floor. We won't go into wat happens when you add an american football into the mix.
Right, well that was a mega post. I hope to add more pictures now that I have my camera up and working with the batteries charged. To all those who pray; I would love it if you would pray for me this week, that I may deal better with some stuff the Enemy has been throwing at me, I would settle into my Church better and continue making good friends. And to everyone; please comment below!
ED
Good blog Ed, although I must say shamefully ripped format from aninsightintodavid.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLol
Anyways, i shall keep on reading and commenting.
God bless
xxx
I duly note and give credit to D Lindley Esq for inspiring the layout of this blog.
ReplyDeletelol.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, NICE. Will keep reading and commenting.
ReplyDeleteYan
P.S. What church do you go to?